The NCPC Board of Directors is made up of members representing state agencies, private business, education, nonprofits, religious organizations, child care providers, parents and members of the General Assembly. The governing board provides oversight and develops policy for Smart Start programs and services. The board is also responsible for ensuring Smart Start accountability. The board meets four times a year.
See the Upcoming Events page for meeting information
- Executive Director for the Early Care and Education Consortium, a national non-profit alliance representing child care businesses;
- Executive Director for the state of Delaware Office of Early Learning – working with public and private partners across Delaware to create, fund, coordinate and implement the state’s early development and learning services and policies;
- Deputy Executive Director at Child Care Aware of America, a nonprofit membership association working to improve child care quality, access and affordability in the United States;
- Several roles in North Carolina, including: founding Executive Director for the North Carolina Early Childhood Foundation, Senior Director for Policy and Programs at The North Carolina Partnership for Children, Deputy Director for Child Care Services Association, and Executive Director for the Durham Child Care Council.
- Smart Start/Surry County Early Childhood Partnership - Child Development Specialist
- Stokes County Schools PreK Coordinator & Even Start Family Literacy Program Director
- More at Four Coordinator for Surry County
- NCPreK Consultant in Forsyth County
- Director/Lead Instructor of Early Childhood Education Programs at Surry Community College
- Academic Professor and Online Student Advisor in Human Development and Family Studies at UNC-Greensboro
- Program Coordinator for Early Childhood, Public Service Technologies, and Career & College Promise for the North Carolina Community College System Office.
- PhD in Educational Leadership through Keiser University
- EdS in Educational Leadership through Keiser University
- MAT - Master of Arts in Teaching and Leadership (MAT) with Birth to Kindergarten teaching license certification through Salem College
- MA - Master of Arts in Liberal Studies (MALS) through Wake Forest University
- BA in Psychology through the University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- AA in Liberal Arts through Surry Community College