In 2010, the North Carolina General Assembly asked the NC Institute of Medicine to convene a task force to study the adequacy of the current systems serving the mental health, social and emotional needs of young children and their families. The charge included a systematic evaluation of the needs, gaps, strengths and resources of the public and private systems providing prevention, promotion and treatment for young children’s mental health and social emotional well-being.
Join us for interactive regional workshops across the state to learn about the findings of the NC Institute of Medicine Task Force’s study.
- Gain valuable information about the importance of young child social and emotional development and how you can help to spread the word in your own communities.
- Learn from and share with others across your region about local initiatives to improve young child mental health.
We encourage you to come as a team or to bring along at least one other colleague with whom you can learn, dream and plan during the day.
Find your place in the inspiring world of young child social and emotional development and develop strategies for improving services to young children in your community and beyond!
- All professionals working with infants/young children and their parents including professionals in the fields of health, early education, child welfare and child development
- Community and civic leaders interested in understanding the benefits of investing in young child mental health in NC
- Registration is FREE Due to funding from the North Carolina Early Childhood Advisory Council
- Registration deadline is three (3) business days prior to each workshop.
- Registration includes lunch, refreshments and handouts.
Please register using the website for your chosen location:
March 11, 2013 Greensboro www.gahec.org
March 20, 2013 Raleigh www.wakeahec.org
March 27, 2013 Wilmington www.seahec.net
April 3, 2013 Asheville www.mahec.net
April 10, 2013 Rocky Mount www.arealahec.org
April 25, 2013 Winston-Salem www.wakehealth.edu/northwest-ahec
May 7, 2013 Greenville www.eahec.ecu.edu
May 13, 2013 Fayetteville www.southernregionalahec.org
May 17, 2013 Charlotte www.charlotteahec.org
Program Dates and Locations
Registration: 9:30 am
Program: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
March 11, 2013
Moses Cone Hospital
1200 Elm Street
March 20, 2013
Methodist Home for Children
1041 Washington Street
March 27, 2013
2511 Delaney Avenue
April 3, 2013
121 Hendersonville Road
April 10, 2013
Area L AHEC
1631 South Wesleyan Boulevard
Rocky Mount, NC
April 25, 2013
Deacon Tower at BB&T Field
475 Deacon Boulevard
May 7, 2013
City Hotel & Bistro
203 SW Greenville Boulevard
May 13, 2013
Southern Regional AHEC
1601 Owen Drive
May 17, 2013
Covenant Presbyterian Church
1000 East Morehead Street